Friday, October 16, 2015

Quotes

After explaining a certain game of tag that we were going to play, I had these comments back from three students in two different classes...

2nd grade boy - "It's kind of like a virus!"
2nd grade boy - "It's kind of like the cold war. Taggers are the redcoats and the free people are the Yankees!"
2nd grade girl - "It's like the free people are a unicorn and everyone is chasing it!"

My only guess is that I was so boring in my explanation that they all started to daydream about different adventures that this tag game could be! :)

*

4th grade boy - "I don't know why, but it feels like I pulled my legs this morning."
(5 minutes later, after I had explained a very fun soccer game we were going to play)... "I think I actually only pulled this one, but I can kick with this leg."

*

Kindergarteners LOVE to share stories. They also often don't differentiate between whether they are asking a question or sharing a comment/story. When half of the hands go up, I have to remind them that we only have time for questions. This girl had a very smooth way to squeak in her comment through a question!

Me - "Boys and girls, if it isn't a question about PE today, hands down."
Kindergarten girl - "Ummmm"...long pause... "How fun was the tag game last time? Really fun!"
Smart girl!

*

More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment